Saturday 22 July 2017

La Loire

This part was supposed to be simple! The canal runs fairly straight but was too rough to ride with any speed so we had to follow the little roads around it





First stop Rogny-sur-sept-Ecluse. Named after the 7 old locks in the background. I can remember staying in that hotel about 6 years ago with 2 shady characters from NZ


Ahh! I still have the key from last nights Chambre. I wrote a note and slipped it into the letter box of the info centre.


I'm sure this track was better 6 years ago ! Once again we went back to the roads and just returned to the canal for the last few kms into Briare





Wow. This is what the tourists come to see. The canal bridge right across the Loire





670 metres long ,engineered by Eiffel and finished in 1890. We cross the Loire here before heading downstream to Gien


"Hello , my name is Fifi and my Mum and Dad have ridden from Germany with me "



And this lovely lady was heading the other way. She has a battery to give her a push up the hills.
( yes I do stop and talk to a lot of people. That's the best part of biking..)


Gien . Our stop for tonight. There's a Boules tournament on



No comments:

Post a Comment