Sunday 5 June 2016

Kollemorten . Just!

I had just finished last nights blog when into the yard drives Knut in his model A Ford. I'd met him serving at the Co-op store when I was buying dinner and he mentioned he had NZ friends in the Model A club over there.


He asked if I wanted to take a spin--- well !! Is the Pope a catholic? Christine and a lovely Norwegian lady staying here (Lev ) joined us and off we went








Knut took us to a village that was once settled by Germans to grow potatoes,thereafter known as the German potato growers. There was a little museum there about the settlement.


What a neat evening, supper at Knut's where I ate like a pig
Then home again ,home again, jiggidy jig


We were on the road by 7.30 this morning , intending to finish in Jelling.


We're coming across more bikers and walking Pilgrims now , signs like these are a good idea to remind drivers to share the road .








Not needed on the quiet lanes though.
I've used up my spare tyre and tube and are sorely regretting not replacing them. This tube is kaput and the next time it leaked I was resigned to walking to the next town





Luckily ,along came this lovely English couple who gave me enough patches to see me through. What a slow day it turned out . Didn't make Jelling and we were damned lucky to get this little cabin in Kollemorten.


No not that one,


This one ! Anyway it's tidy and the suns still shining

No comments:

Post a Comment