Monday 13 June 2016

Osnabruck





This is Aldi's store in Diepholz and I've just bought a pair of leggings. It's drizzling!
What a well named town! I've been in deep holes before but this is the hardest one I've ever had to get out of . We actually rode 12kms and ended up back in town again.
Finally !! We found a way out of that ¥^}~,! Town


It was only a short hop into Osnabruck anyway so we decided to book into a hotel and have a rest day.


This revolving sculpture has cut outs of Roman soldiers in battle. Osnabruck is where the Hun forces stopped the Romans in about 9 ad. They say it was the beginning of the end for them






Oooh! That was the best $40 I've spent in a while.


We had a good laugh with this welsh couple. They were half an hour packing their gear away into the bike and trailer and couldn't believe that all our gear was in 2 little saddlebags.
This is a lovely hotel for only €59
and I like the view. Christine's in her glory, there's tennis on tv



1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous trip so far and amazing sights :-). I loved the parade. Cheers Julie

    ReplyDelete