Thursday 16 June 2016

The Rhine valley

It was lovely to wake up to a sunny day. The forecast said rain this evening so we got moving early.
That sun felt sooo good. We felt sorry for these asparagus pickers working in the mud


The bike way ran beside the main road as we headed into Duisberg and after about 15kms we crossed the Ruhr. From then on the bikeway to the city centre ran beside it














What a vibrant feel to this place. It's so BUSY. The city centre has wide pedestrian boulevards ,art everywhere! The old waterfront I especially liked as they've kept all the old cranes . Like monsters from my past !





The council offices are called the Rathaus. I think we should call our council offices that also 😜





We've found tourist information offices hard to find in Germany so far and not a lot of help to us anyway . This one was different. Easy to find and so helpful. To plan our way ahead we need good information


Hay bale art ! I think this farmer might have just tied the knot
Now I like this. Free range chicken farm. It's on a trailer and can be moved to fresh paddocks . The sign for egg sales is on one side , solar panels on the other to run the egg conveyer .


We were heading for Düsseldorf but it started spitting so the boss pulled the pin.(kiwi for, my wife said stop)
This is what my iPhone gps shows me. The blue arrow is us, I touch where I'm going, and it tells me how far by bike. If I touch the bike it will show the way and talk to me as I go ,explaining the way



No comments:

Post a Comment