Saturday 5 August 2017

Mont de Marsen




It's Saturday morning and Madame was very obliging to give us our breakfast at 7.00. Up until know I've used the euro card to pay for a bed but unfortunately she only took cash so she had to follow us 3 kms into town to an ATM.



This area is renowned for the old buildings left over from the early forestry communities.


What a dream run ! Dead straight roads almost directly south to mont de Marsen
I stopped briefly for a pee when a Spanish truckie stopped beside me and asked the way to somewhere. I was no help but it was nice to know other people get lost too.


Lunch at a supermarket cafe. We've arrived already! The road was so smooth and with a slight tale wind we were often doing over 25k/m
Mind you, I HAD to get my wheel seen to. It had bad cracks developing around the spokes. Visited 3 bike shops and no one had a back wheel like mine (8 gears )
I'd nearly given up when we tried a 'Decathalon'
Marvellous !





"No problem!" He fitted a new wheel , tyre and tube ,shortened the chain and set all the gears for 74€
Merci merci merci 😅



The information centre set us up with maps of the route for tomorrow, and a good hotel for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment