Saturday 5 August 2017

St Symphorium




After an early start( we were waiting for the sun to come up) we crossed the Gironde river at Portet. The goal was La Brede





We realised we'd had coffee in this cafe 2 years ago on our way up the midi !


This kind gentleman saw our flag and asked us if he could help in any way. We were short on maps for this department so he went home and got us some. La Brede is where the Green way to Hostens starts





Sheer magic and so was the lake there. This whole area is part of the biggest pine forest in France. No accomodation left though so we headed for St Symphorium. ( still on a Green way )
With 6 kms to go BANG
My derailleur shat itself


My dear wife towed me in ( it was slightly down hill)
We tried with me towing but she needed my belt to give more space! Still too scary and besides, my pants kept falling down


Anyway we made it. This is a lovely village. That's my exhausted wife hanging out our window . Yes I'm feeling fine thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment